Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ouch

I just had my gallbladder removed because of some severe gallbladder 'attacks' I've been having. So I'm sitting in bed at home thinking, it may just be worth breaking blog-silence for this!...still, there's not much to say: ouch about sums it up. Ouch before (big ouches) and ouch now (littler ouch) from the scars and from where the anaesthetists cut my throat in a non-pirate-like way when I started to vomit in surgery (funny I don't remember that? ;-) and they rushed to get a tube down it. So here's my fit shaved body...
Poor Me (Scars Highlighted)
Seriously though, I hope this stops those attacks - I really didn't know what pain was until I had them (comparable to, depending on where you look on the web, labour pains or a heart attack, or a heart attack during labour ;-). The worrying thing is I've been referred for more tests, I think to see whether I have this. Apparently my gallbladder wasn't inflamed and had only two small stones...it's weird, but my Mum's going through all this sort of thing too - she's had her gallbladder out and is still getting subjected to various tests for continuing (if lessened) pain. Ah, these imperfect bodies, I'm sure my mother would agree! What an amazing institution the NHS is though, I'm so thankful to the doctors and nurses that looked after me during my short stay. Now I'm thankful to Bex for putting up with my whinging and constant shouts of 'Tea?'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home